If you haven't already, catch up with this project by reading about the first three days of work (clicking will open the link in a new window):
Day 1 - Chipping out a the sump
Day 2 - Chipping out the perimeter trenches
Day 3 - Placing the Waterguard and dimpled membrane
Day 4 - Plumbing the sump and taping the membrane
Day 6 - Membrane and lower shelf
Day 7 - Finishing the final shelf and wall
The usual disclaimers apply -- I'm not a professional and this is total Do It Yourself (DIY) project. Seek professional input prior to attempting this project. It is NOT an easy project and requires a significant amount of work, knowledge and capability. Make sure you fully understand all relevant design, structural, and geotechnical aspects, including the building code and applicable bylaws prior to starting. Any doubts, hire someone qualified :) We've had good success (so far), but that isn't a prediction of success at other sites.
We poured 17 x 30 kg bags in 2 hours using a small electric mixer. I had two friends help out, we worked with one guy doing the finishing, and two mixing. Not much to discuss on this post, but a few photos to show the state of the project.
The small mixer we used. We mixed 2 bags at a time, roughly 60 kg ready mix to 5 quarts of water.
We used two buckets, one to measure water which helpfully had measurement markings on the side, and one to move the concrete from the mixer to where it was needed.
All finished up. Wow, does the walkway feel bigger now with the slope chipped away and the floor flattened out.
This part is all done. Next is finishing the membrane, as well as converting the bedrock side of the house to built in storage and reorganizing the "laundry room. The engineer part of me wants to get a totalizer flow meter on the discharge just to see how much water I pump, but that's only going to happen if I come across a cheap one.